Cannabidiol or CBD is fast becoming popular as multiple studies show that it is beneficial for several conditions, including pain, anxiety, seizure, and the like. If you are new to taking CBD or looking for an effective way to dose CBD, you may want to try vaping it. Vaping is the most efficient way to dose CBD. Although other forms of using CBD exist, vaping is arguably the most effective because of its higher bioavailability. Vaping has proven to be more effective in administering CBD than capsules, tinctures, lotions, or gummies.
What are CBD cartridges?
CBD cartridges provide a convenient way to vape Cannabidiol or CBD. They make vaping easy, especially if you’re new at vaping CBD. The cartridges are slim vapes that come in cylindrical shapes. They are filled with CBD vape oil.
While some CBD cartridges come pre-filled, others are refillable. You will find out the differences between pre-filled and refillable cartridges in the next few paragraphs and their pros and cons.
What are pre-filled CBD cartridges?
Pre-filled CBD cartridges are vape tanks that come filled with CBD vape juice. They are in mini sizes and come with a coil and wick.
One of its advantages of pre-filled CBD cartridges is that the cartridges make use of universal 510 threading. Therefore, you can use any of your 510 thread batteries, and standard vape pens.
Despite being disposable, you can refill them when the vape juice is exhausted, especially if the cartridges are of high quality.
Advantages of Pre-filled CBD Cartridge
- It comes pre-filled with CBD vape oil
- It is a convenient way to vape CBD
- It is disposable but also re-usable
- Very compatible with most vape pens
- Portable and easy to carry about.
What are refillable CBD cartridges?
Refillable vape CBD cartridges are empty CBD tanks. They have their internal coil and wicking system. These cartridges contain substances ranging from THC oil and CBD vape oils to other substances like distillates and e-liquids.
These forms of vape cartridges are affordable and cost-effective.
How to fill an empty CBD oil cartridge
- Unscrew the mouthpiece: The first step is to unscrew the cartridge. Do this by gently twisting the mouthpiece. Three or more full rotations counter-clockwise should be enough to loosen the thread. Once loosened, remove the mouthpiece, and keep in a safe place nearby. Be careful not to lose it, because without, you can’t use the cartridge.
- Fill your CBD cartridge tank: With your CBD vape oil bottle, fill the tank. Ensure no liquid gets inside the middle.
- Use a syringe to fill the cartridge with oil if your bottle has no fine tip dropper. Using a syringe makes it easier to fill and helps you target the mouth of the cartridge. We advise you not to detach your cartridge from your battery. Leaving the cartridge attached to the battery will give you a better grip on it while filing the cartridge. This way, the chance of spilling the oil is reduced.
- Don’t overfill the cartridge: Overfilling it will cause the oil to pour when you cover it, and you won’t be able to use it well. Some cartridges can only hold 0.5 grams of oil or e-liquid. You should know the amount that your cartridge can hold so you won’t pour too much inside it.
- Wait for the oil to prime: Wait for the oil to prime for at least 10-15 minutes. If the oil is thick, it may take a longer time to prime.
- Screw back the cartridge: Screw the cartridge to your 510 battery or vape pen. Ensure it is properly screwed, but don’t over screw it. Doing so may result in breaking the cartridge. If your battery is draw-activated, there is no need to press any button to put it on or off.
- Get a new cartridge once you notice that the oil’s flavor is fading, and it’s beginning to taste burnt.
How to use a CBD oil cartridge
- Charge the battery.
- Set your device to the lowest voltage. Increase the voltage, if your device is the type that requires more voltage for a better puff.
- To gauge the effects and to prime the coil, take small short puffs for a start.
- When you’re done, turn off the battery. Do this by clicking the button five times.
We hope the tips above will help you to enjoy vaping CBD and conveniently refill your cartridges. If you have any further questions, you can find out when you purchase your cartridge.